Chapter 9

Way Back Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

As she stretched her whole body, she could feel the warmth of the sun on her face and the warmth of his body against hers. She smiled knowing that he finally had time to rest after working so late every day. No early time in and no overtime, just the whole day resting and being lazy all over.


"Good morning, love." She her still pretending-to-be-sleeping husband and scooted to him closer, until they were almost face to face and chest to chest. She even slung an arm around his broad shoulder and started to play with his hair. "Are you still asleep? It's almost 10 already. I probably have to prepare lunch rather than breakfast."


"Just a couple of more minutes." he replied softly, pulling her by the waist even closer. He nuzzled on her chest, and wanted to cuddle like a little baby against her. She hummed to make him fall asleep but rather he enjoyed the tune and tapped his fingers along her back.


"We should get up if you're not going to sleep."


"Can't we just stay in bed forever?" she chuckled as Sehun whined, looking up at her with a slight pout and doe eyes.
 

"That's quite impossible, Mr. Oh...And don't act cute on me, it's not working." She lied. It was definitely working and she wouldn't be able to resist if Sehun continue being cute. She wondered how a handsome and charismatic grown man to other people, can act like a little kid in front of her.


"I don't care, I'm still gonna stay in bed with you all day." Sehun trapped her with his arms and legs that she can't break free easily, and he even started peppering her face with kisses. Dahye playfully screamed for help but she was laughing all along with him.


"YAH!! OH SEHUN! OPEN THE DOOR!"

 

A woman was pounding on the door and pressing at the doorbell at the same time. Sehun sighed knowing exactly who it was. No one else could barge in his home early in the morning and yelling at him like she owned the place but his sister.


"OH SEHUN!! STOP YOUR MORNING SESSION AND OPEN THIS DOOR!"


Sehun got up from the bed with heavy feet and opened the door for Sooyoung. The woman grinned successfully as she made herself comfortable on his couch.


"What brings you here? And by the way, we don't have a morning session but it doesn't mean I like you here."
 

"Whatever, brother." Sooyoung rolled her eyes and put out an envelope from her designer bag. "Here are all the documents I could find about that . This might be sufficient but let me know if you still need me to check on things."
 

Sehun quickly got the envelope and checked all the contents. He smirked, and seemed satisfied about his sister's findings. As always, she's a very reliable source person and very supportive of their plans and actions.
 

"Hi...have you eaten? I'd cook brunch, is there anything that you want?" Dahye sheepishly asked the siblings.
 

"I'm good with coffee. Thank you!" Sooyoung chirped but Sehun was still preoccupied with the documents in his hands. Dahye just nodded, then went back to the kitchen. She followed Dahye's trail with her eyes until she made sure she was back in the kitchen before whispering to her brother, "Hold on, does she know already?"
 

"Not yet, but I'll let her know now."


The siblings waited for Dahye quietly until she emerged from the kitchen, holding a tray with cups of coffee for the three of them.
 

"Is there something wrong?" she nervously asked when she noticed the looks from the siblings as she settled down with them.
 

"We made a background check for Hyunwoo. Nothing too serious was found in his records but his character says otherwise. He'd been found cheating behind noona's back multiple times and it's not impossible that he used you."
 

Sehun handed his wife the documents and Dahye had to look through it over and over again to know that it was all real. All of his achievements, documents, and even photos of him with different women were all there.


"He's actually quite nice to me. He always took care of me, make sure I was okay, he never hurt me...just until recently..."


"That's the point, Dahye. He's always been like that, he makes you trust him so that you won't suspect anything shady about him. Even those girls he cheated on me with, didn't know anything. But what happened to you is another case, he kept you." Sooyoung added and they could all heart the sincerity and concern in her voice. Sehun was right. Sooyoung could be harsh but never in the wrong. Dahye knew she could trust her sister-in-law for Hyunwoo and she had dated for a long time. It may benefit all of them if they gang up on Hyunwoo.


"What should we do?" Dahye asked.
 

"We'll sue him." The Oh siblings answered in unison.
 

"But...I really don't want to get into so much trouble...this will make it a bigger issue..." Dahye was hesitant. It was already enough for her that Hyunwoo is not bothering them anymore. Seeing him at the restaurant might be coincidence but it could happen again. She kind of wanted him to pay but taking it to court is on another level.
 

"Losing you was a huge issue already, and keeping you from us especially that you had an accident is worse...Let us help you, Dahye." Sooyoung pleaded.


Sehun looked at her with assurance and she still cannot feel at ease. She was nervous. She didn't think her life would come to a point where she had to be in court. All she wanted was a peaceful life with no enemies whatsoever. But for the sake of the truth, and with her husband's support, she's willing to take the risk.
 

"Okay." she answered, breath still shaky and unstable.


"Oh well, my work here is done! You may now continue your morning or something." Sooyoung blabbered as she got up from her seat. The couple whined as their protest for her bluntness but she was not faltered. "What? It's not like you’re teenagers. You're married, for God's sake."
 

"Still..." Dahye muttered while lowering her head to hide her blushing face. Sehun could've looked indifferent with his expressions but his redder face tells them otherwise. Sooyoung suppressed her laughter and fanned herself, feeling victorious at teasing them.


"Anyway, with Dad's work, you might get the notice sooner so I guess be prepared. Bye!" She giggled as she went out of the couple's home, leaving them a little awkward with each other. A few moments later, Sehun finally stood up from his seat, and started knocking on their walls.


"Do you really think she heard us?" he asked, making his wife roll her eyes.

 

 

 

The old man hummed as he checked all the documents in front of him. Sehun wasn't really sure whether it was a hum of questioning or satisfaction, but with his and his sister's efforts together, he knew just hoped it would be the latter. Yet, his father gave him a warning look before speaking.
 

"Hyunwoo would probably claim that he never forced Dahye, that Dahye voluntarily came with him before the accident. You know these people, even with the oath, they lie. Also, the key witness here would also be Dahye herself, until she gets her memories back. If not and if all these turn to worst, she could be deemed as an adulterer."
 

Sehun nodded, "I am already looking into that, dad. I may have also found a lead regarding her accident too, but I don't want to be too sure yet."
 

"To be honest, these are all g

Please log in to read the full chapter